I LOVE TO CREATE
I am a trained Illustrator and Artist and have been doodling for as long as I can remember! With a background in Dance and Performing Arts, my work is often theatrical, bright and stands out from the crowd. As a child I originally wanted to be an Animator/ Cartoonist and gained some valuable work experience in the Art Department at Warner Bros Production Studio in London’s Covent Garden, working on a number of cartoons and a film they were working on at the time.
GIVE ‘EM THE OLD RAZZLE DAZZLE!
I decided to pursue my love of performing at college, gaining a diploma in Dance and Musical Theatre and a teaching qualification. After working in the industry for many years on various jobs/ projects within T.V. and On stage, I now teach Dance and Musical Theatre part-time alongside my artwork.
BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD
Whilst performing I kept designing and drawing and decided to take this further to receive a recognized qualification. I gained a Foundation in Art & Design at the London College of Fashion, specializing in Design for Performance. Whilst here I was encouraged by a tutor to look into Illustration as a career. I went on to receive a place at Middlesex University on their degree: Visual Communication and Design studying many design techniques, with the emphasis on Illustration and in my final year I exhibited my work at the Truman Brewery for their graduate degree show.
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO
Since graduating in 2007 I have worked on many projects, both commissioned and self-initiated, these include:
- Creating Illustrations for the 2011 Collection for Rock n Needle fashion Label
- Being invited to exhibit work at ‘LA Mode ‘09’, a fashion event for London Fashion Week, held at Rich Mix in the heart of Londons East End.
- Designing sets of Greetings Cards and Posters.
- Work showcased in online magazines Amelia’s Magazine and Don’t Panic.
- Portrait/ Caricature commissions
- Solo Exhibition at Cosmobar, London.